Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX 80 Reboot SSID Changed

dadabunchie
Aspirant

CAX 80 Reboot SSID Changed

CAX80 rebooted sometime last night and suddenly SSID changed to a different name. Spectrum probably dropped (still having slowness issues) and caused the reboot.

Anyone experience this before?

Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: CAX 80 Reboot SSID Changed

I've had it happen where it defaulted back to the stock ssid/password. 

Message 2 of 10
dadabunchie
Aspirant

It didn't default back to the original SSID which I never changed OOB but to a completely different SSID.  

It is on FW 2.1.1.4 (which is the latest i think)

I think its just a glitch but kind of disconcerting.  It's been pretty stable until this event.

Message 3 of 10
CompuSmith
Aspirant

I had same issue. New FW has been released to 2.1.2.6. Solved my problem but, new problem is the backup doesn't either capture or restore everything. Different results with every backup. Cannot get backup/restore to restore Device names though.
Message 4 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the CAX and then setup from scratch. After you have set up the CAX, save off a new backup configuration to file. 

@CompuSmith wrote:
I had same issue. New FW has been released to 2.1.2.6. Solved my problem but, new problem is the backup doesn't either capture or restore everything. Different results with every backup. Cannot get backup/restore to restore Device names though.

Message 5 of 10
CompuSmith
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.. I did do exactly that. If you can, see my Netgear case #44921600.
Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

I don't have access to actual case #s

So after the reset and setup from scratch and saving off a new config, a restore still dosen't work well? 

Keep in contact with NG support. 

@vkdelta 

@CompuSmith wrote:
Thank you for your reply.. I did do exactly that. If you can, see my Netgear case #44921600.

Message 7 of 10
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

what SSID did it drop to?

Message 8 of 10
Ctcomsa
Aspirant

Ive been Having most of the problems mentioned in this forum with my cax80 for months. Ive been the guinea pig for awhile. I had the new firmware before release didn't help. they kept looking for software problems i finally got locked out. it would change my ssid to an older one. 

and change my password to usually an older one i used with a different ssid. meanwhile dropping connections because it was changing ssid's.  4 months later they said hardware issue since we were locked out after soft hard resets. it was looking for a WPA3 code that i never inputted. I have a new one works alot better only issue is I cannot connect my Hue bridge to it yet. any ideas? 

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you contact NG support and let them know what your having problems with:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

@Ctcomsa wrote:

Ive been Having most of the problems mentioned in this forum with my cax80 for months. Ive been the guinea pig for awhile. I had the new firmware before release didn't help. they kept looking for software problems i finally got locked out. it would change my ssid to an older one. 

and change my password to usually an older one i used with a different ssid. meanwhile dropping connections because it was changing ssid's.  4 months later they said hardware issue since we were locked out after soft hard resets. it was looking for a WPA3 code that i never inputted. I have a new one works alot better only issue is I cannot connect my Hue bridge to it yet. any ideas? 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7