Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX 80 Router and ethernet ports not working after reboot

JerMajesty
Aspirant

CAX 80 Router and ethernet ports not working after reboot

Hello, yesterday I decided to reboot my modem/router due to dropped connectivity. After reboot, the modem showed connection but my router and ethernet ports became inoperable. I tried to reset to factory settings but this did not fix the issue. I reached out to Netgear and they won't help without a minimum payment of $90. I cant access the internet via the router to use the Nighthawk app or hardwire to access settings via the port gateway 192.168.1.1. Can use the USB port to try to push uncorrupted firmware? Will a USB to ethernet cable allow me to access the gateway? I would like to also ensure its not a hardware issue. Any guidance would be great. Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power OFF by pulling the power adapter from the wall out let for 1 minute or longer then back in change anything. 

Try a factory reset by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then release. Disconnect the ISP coax cable for 1 minute then re-connect. 

What CAT # lan cable are you using? CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 4
JerMajesty
Aspirant

Yes I've tried all of the above about 3x each. I removed the ISP coax and did factory reset holding reset button past 10 secs and unplugged and for greater than 30 min. Also tried all eth ports with CAT 5 and 6. There is also a button at the bottom to enable and disable wifi that I have ruled out as well.
The device is now constantly power cycling.
During power cycles the ethernet port connections will flash connect then disconnect immediately a couple times before ultimately completing the cycle as not usable.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend opening up a support ticked with NG support

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Or make contact with the forum moderators to see what options you have available to you:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/NOTICE-Users-with-sudden-non-functioning-CAX80...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7