Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX30-100NAS Intermittent Connection drops/poor upload/error in log

Akiha
Guide

CAX30-100NAS Intermittent Connection drops/poor upload/error in log

Netgear Nighthawk AX2700 (I can't find this model on the drop down, but it's what amazon says it is)

Hello, I've been having an issue with my upload speeds during the night (9pm - 3am). While streaming to twitch, my connection will drop and the stream will "buffer". During this time, my bandwidth to OBS will be reported as between 0kbps - 2kbps. This will jump to over 10000kbps every now and then but will quickly return to near zero. This will continue for a bit and then recover. Any ideas as to what's going on?

For reference, I've been dealing with this issue for 5 months or so.
It has been getting worse over time.
Attached are my upstream/downstream.

Error logs: 2022-05-22 22:31:19Notice (6)DS profile assignment change. DS Chan ID: 32; Previous Profile: ; New Profile: 1 2.;

2022-05-22 22:31:24Warning (5)REG-RSP-MP Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value; CM

2022-05-22 22:31:24Warning (5)RNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power Exceeds Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW

2022-05-22 22:31:24Warning (5)Dynamic Range Window violation

2022-05-22 22:31:24Warning (5)RNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power Exceeds Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW;

2022-05-22 22:31:24Warning (5)Dynamic Range Window violation

2022-05-22 22:43:28Critical (3)SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;

2022-05-22 22:43:30Warning (5)DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value;

These errors occured at the same time as one of my connection losses.

Message 1 of 10
Akiha
Guide

Re: CAX30-100NAS Intermittent Connection drops/poor upload/error in log

Message 2 of 10
Akiha
Guide

Message 3 of 10
Akiha
Guide

Message 4 of 10
Akiha
Guide

Final attachment. I'm pretty sure this is Comcast's issue, but I thought I'd post here to be safe. 

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

You do have quite a few errors in the line and logs are indicating line issues. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s (xfinity) charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 6 of 10
Akiha
Guide

Thank you. I'll connect right at the entry and test again. I also have maintenance (eventually, they didn't give an exact date except 1 week-3 weeks) coming to do work to the wire. I will post back if I have any success.

Message 7 of 10
Akiha
Guide

After replacing the wire inside the house, I haven't had any errors in the modem's logs. Still a lot of uncorrectables, but oddly enough my issue hasn't shown itself again.

Message 8 of 10
afretmike
Initiate

Unfortunately I don't think its Comcast. Took it to another location, different Service and same problem.

I believe Netgear has not created a reliable ax2700   CAX30    The longer it goes the worse it gets.  maybe a weak powersupply or the like.   Hooked up a cheap linksys and it works fine, not drops over a month.

Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

You could have a defective one. You can always try going through support or RMA'ing it 

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7