Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX30 5ghz issues

Bhomz
Tutor

CAX30 5ghz issues

Woke up 3 days ago my 5ghz band constantly dropping need to reset the modem it will come back again run for about 40mins and drop again did a factory reset same thing happened only affects the 5ghz band and only affects android devices google devices, anything that runs androids OS ie security panel, and tvs, my PC works fine on 5ghz all the time without dropping issues, my ios devices will drop speed from 600mb to 10mb but still connected but you can feel the slow down of the connection
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 6
Bhomz
Tutor

The latest FW
Message 3 of 6
Bhomz
Tutor

Discovered this site when i was looking for solution i never called my ISP cause i know this is not an ISP problem, my PC and laptop is running fine theyre all wifi 6, i saw that some people having issues with CAX30 with the new firmware but they losing internet connection not mine am just losing 5ghz band connection weird thing not all the devices having problem with it, my new samsung s23ultra has the biggest problem it will not even detect the 5ghz band
Message 4 of 6
Bhomz
Tutor

This is on netgear this is a firmware problem i was able to recreate the firmware bug that the latest update created, turn on your TM and reboot you gonna lose internet connection turn it off it will come back, am about ready to give up on this for years ive been using TENDA without any headaches bought this nighthawk because of it sleek look and specs using it for 14months twice i already factory reset, once it factory reset itself its always the wifi radios never have problem with the wired connection, i might use this as a modem and buy me a router i guess if netgear doesnt do anything
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

NG is already aware of the issue. 

So please downgrade the CAX30 and see if this helps. Others have already posted that it solved there problem. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7