Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX30 DHCP issues

Brettmcm
Apprentice

CAX30 DHCP issues

Every 6 weeks my CAX30 takes a giant **bleep** for no apparent reason. Usually a restart of the modem solves the problem. But multiple times now I reboot only to find that it refuses to hand out DHCP IPv4 adresses … it hands ivp6 one’s all day but NOTHING will connect through wifi … and if it does it’s only for a moment, then connect/disconnect every 8-10 seconds non-stop … renew/ release doesn’t work, ip reservations makes everything worse, the only solution that’s semi worked is to restore it to factory settings, have it initialized (whatever) from Comcast again and then manually reconnect my 60+ devices one at a time. This is totally unacceptable. I’ve had this cable/router for at least 6 months and it just flat out sucks. Like seriously what other manufacturers device is incapable of reserving ip adresses without destroying your entire network? won’t let you renew release? What a simple thing that every single wifi device on the market has the ability to do for the past 20 years but your $300 modem can’t ?

Clearly you just take the money and run and don’t care as there are hundreds of posts about this VERY SAME problem and ZERO solutions. Because Netgear has no intentions of fixing it, and could care less once they have your money unless your stupid enough to pay them EVEN more money to troubleshoot their own equipment ..

Worst experience ever
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX30 DHCP issues

"Every 6 weeks my CAX30 takes a giant **bleep** for no apparent reason." <This gives us know help whatsoever to what your having problems with. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Is Smart Connect enabled? 

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router?article=24311
https://www.duckware.com/tech/solving-intermittent-cable-modem-issues.html

Message 2 of 3
Brettmcm
Apprentice

Re: CAX30 DHCP issues

That used to work ... now? It won't even allow me to make changes, you can't enable anything, not from the genie, not from the app, wired connections still work, when you attempt to make changes it updates, freezes at the end of the update, and then all your changes are missing, now it's stuck on 54gbs 2.4 ghz but isn't broadcasting a SSID and again changes do not take affect. 

Time to face facts, this product (Costco CAX30) is junk. it seems like all the complaints are from people that bought it from costco.I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to eliminate my problems all with the belief that it was not the fault of the hardware, but it just simply isn't true. It's a lemon. I'm trying to contact Costco and see if they will take it back even though I purchased it 9 long exhausting hundreds of issues later months ago. It's the only situation anyone ever posts that works. The hopes of that happening are low, but fingers crossed. Maybe the other CAX30 version works but the one they sell at Costco sucks. 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7