Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX30 Internet/PC Issues

Cxriosity
Tutor

CAX30 Internet/PC Issues

Hello,

I’ve had this Router for about a year now, just ran into this issue a couple days ago. Around Midnight a night or two ago, I dropped all internet for no reason and I couldn’t get back on. I dm’d Xfinity on Twitter. I checked for outages, there was nothing. I “fixed” it by some how giving myself a traffic limit through the website “routerlogin.net/com”.

Just a few hours ago, I went to go reboot through the same site, and I must’ve messed up something. The internet did not come back. Ive reset the router twice. I can’t get into the website to login. The Router isn’t discoverable on my phone’s wifi. I’ve went through command prompt. I’ve tried drivers. The lights on the router all solid white. I’ve tried a different cable. My computer is saying that the Ethernet isn’t plugged in. I can’t use the app. It just says server error or something.

I’m just stuck and going mad. Please help.
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX30 Internet/PC Issues

Message 2 of 9
Cxriosity
Tutor

My apologies, this is actually my first time posting in a forum like this. I’ve been struggling, as other people may be too.

Reading the forum you linked, I did use TM as a fix, but now I can’t even get into the website or using the 192.— way. I even cleared my cache on my browsers, still no luck. In addition, when resetting it, the wifi isn’t discoverable.

So, do I wait on the FW to be fixed, or is there a way around?
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch. 

If the CAX30 FW is using v2.1x, I recommend that you downgrade it to v1.4x:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Gateways/Nighthawk-CAX30-I-just-downloaded-v1-4-11-2/m...

Message 4 of 9
Cxriosity
Tutor

I’ve factory reset for the 3rd time. The wifi still doesn’t show up. I can’t connect to the internet. Under my hardware and connection properties, my status is not operational and my connectivity for (IPv4/IPv6) says disconnected. It’s completely bricked I think. Because I’m supposed to have access to routerlogin.net after factory reset, but it literally doesn’t let me.
Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

So you can get in to the page to downgrade the FW at all? I guess if not, I recommend you reach out to a forum moderator and ask for help there. RMA comes to mind if everything has been tried.

@DarrenM 

Message 6 of 9
Cxriosity
Tutor

Thank you
Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes. 

NG IS aware of what happened. 😐