Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX30 RMA shipment costs

Bricked1234
Aspirant

CAX30 RMA shipment costs

Hi all,

Has anyone had luck with cax30 RMA and return shipment cost . Phone tech support said I needed to pay to ship old one back. I do not accept this as this is 100% error out of the users hands and matter of fact resetting the router seems stops you from using the Ethernet solution and that was the first thing they recommend to me. I'm willing to continue to use Netgear as previous experiences have been okay but if they are going to make me pay out of pocket for their firmware issue that does not sit well with me.
Message 1 of 9
Bricked1234
Aspirant

Additionally, I wonder if it's possible to upload the old firmware on the router via USB. That I could as well be a fine middle ground if they won't pay for return shipping
Message 2 of 9
Nick120mm
Tutor

I'm on the same boat except for last night support told me there was nothing they can do and that I would just have to buy a new one which is insane since it's their fault ..

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I would reach out to a forum moderator for additional help on this.

@DarrenM 

@Bricked1234 wrote:
Hi all,

Has anyone had luck with cax30 RMA and return shipment cost . Phone tech support said I needed to pay to ship old one back. I do not accept this as this is 100% error out of the users hands and matter of fact resetting the router seems stops you from using the Ethernet solution and that was the first thing they recommend to me. I'm willing to continue to use Netgear as previous experiences have been okay but if they are going to make me pay out of pocket for their firmware issue that does not sit well with me.

Message 4 of 9
Bricked1234
Aspirant

Agree. It seems very dependent on who you get. Plus if you are within your 1 year warranty. Which I am but if if you are not since this is a firmware issue that rule is questionable
Message 5 of 9
Bricked1234
Aspirant

I have sent a pm. Thank you
Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 9
Bricked1234
Aspirant

Thanks I looked into it earlier. Guess the 2 questions I have of you might now. When I plug in the router before pressing enter the power button doesn't turn orange so I just assume to press enter soon as I plug it in. 2nd the downloaded file is a .bin. Should I rename it to chk?
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the button pressed when you plug in the power.

Do not change the file extension. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7