Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX30 Router login page BLANK and the nighthawk app doesn't seem to have port forward

LadyAnime
Aspirant

CAX30 Router login page BLANK and the nighthawk app doesn't seem to have port forward

I'm really at a loss here. The nighthawk app has nothing about port forwarding. I haven't had to port forward anything since we got the new router. CAX30. I logged into the routerlogin page and its just BLANK. There is NOTHING there. How am I suppose to set up port forwarding when none of the pages or apps have anything on there?

My "complimentary technical support" of course expired a while ago without me even thinking about it. I just want to play minecraft with my roommate. Why is that so difficult? I have an actual online server set up and that was easier than local host? That is INSANE. I HATE this router. It has been nothing but trouble. This is the worst possible setup but it's what I have. Any advice that isn't "buy a new one" is welcomed. Thanks for the help

Windows 10 

CAX30 Nighthawk router 

Firmware Version V1.4.10.8 ( the only information on the router login page )

Message 1 of 5
LadyAnime
Aspirant

Re: CAX30 Router login page BLANK and the nighthawk app doesn't seem to have port forward

Was able to have them connect directly through IP but many games that we play do require port forwarding and opening ports etc so this is still an issue. Tried several different browsers and PCs. We also have the mesh system which might be playing a role in this not working for some reason? I'm not on the mesh system - I'm plugged directly into the router but people on the mesh are able to ping me and ( fingers crossed ) play on the same game. However, I still don't like the idea of having to give out my internal ip and would like a static one set up anyways all of which would be on the handy dandy router login page..if it was actually there. I have refreshed the page several times to no avail. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX30 Router login page BLANK and the nighthawk app doesn't seem to have port forward

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Be sure to clear out ALL browser caches before going to the modems web page and walk thru the setup wizard at 192.168.1.1. 

There is newer FW available as well if you can get into the modems web page seen here in the forums. 

Message 3 of 5
LadyAnime
Aspirant

The biggest issue I have with that is that all our security cameras are hooked up to the wifi and if we reset the router at all we have to resync each one by hand and it isn't a short or easy process... I have countless other devices that will hopefully reconnect on their own but I don't even think I -should- factory reset considering that my ISP has to activate any "new" routers etc. So I'm worried that doing -that- will cause me to have to spend several hours on the phone with tech support that I don't have especially since they are closed on the weekends...

Thank you very much though I will keep this in mind as a last resort..

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7