Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX30 network disappears overnight

Fitzaboo
Aspirant

CAX30 network disappears overnight

Last night all good. This morning nothing connected and my home network is gone from lists in my typically connected devices. Where did it go, and how do I get it back?
Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: CAX30 network disappears overnight

Netgear most likely pushed a fimware update that disabled the SSID broadcast and the Ethernet ports on the CAX30.

The SSID broadcast being turned off by Netgear's update is the most likely reason why you're not seeing your wireless network.

If you call Netgear support, like I have twice today, you'll most likely be told they can't help you unless you pay $$$ for support.

I was offered to pay for support from a rep that said he couldn't remotely log in to my router if the SSID wasn't broadcasting...which is totally false.

So they rendered my router useless and I'm supposed to pay them to get it working again, when I have absolutely no faith they actually know what they're doing.

We'll just have to wait and see if the firmware update fixes the issue.
Message 2 of 4
Fitzaboo
Aspirant

So you paid the support? Or are you expecting them to send another update to fix their mistake? I appreciate your help, I will be bringing this to my IT guys to see if they can figure out a way to investigate and/or repair.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7