Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 Power LED on - Bricked. Known Issue by Netgear

erchicago85
Aspirant

CAX80 Power LED on - Bricked. Known Issue by Netgear

My CAX80 bricked yesterday, leaving it with only a power LED and no other functions/connectivity.  I called Netgear support who informed that this a known issue for the CAX80 and they would not authorize an RMA for the replacement unit I received 12 months ago.  They did tell me several times to NOT purchase a replacement CAX80 since this is a known issue by Netgear and the Engineering is still try to determine if a potential software update can prevent more units from bricking.  It occurs during firmware updates or power outages.  Support reiterated to not purchase this several times and to buy something else since these units will likely fail again during one of these events.  I am out $500 due to a company selling known faulty equipment, and would have purchased something else if this known issue was shared with consumers.  I think its unfair for Netgear to sell known faulty goods and leave customers without support or exchange options as most forum members with this issue report it happening just after 12 months. I've sent a message to forum moderators as suggested in other threads for assistance. 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 Power LED on - Bricked. Known Issue by Netgear

Message 2 of 4
erchicago85
Aspirant

Thanks, I sent them a PM yesterday.  Hope to hear back soon.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@erchicago85 wrote:

Thanks, I sent them a PM yesterday.  Hope to hear back soon.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7