Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX80 dead 10 months NG wants me to wait until they have more refurbs 4 warranty replacement no

jg62
Star

CAX80 dead 10 months NG wants me to wait until they have more refurbs 4 warranty replacement no ETA.

I have had nothing but problems with this unit. suppose to cover up to 3000 sq\ft house but had devices constantly dropping off, than the fw 2.1.3.7 constant rebooting requiring factory resets then having to reconfigure again and then had tech support requesting log files only to then have me make config changes to over 6 areas. Worked for about month. Finally unit dhcp failed and even after hardware factory reset, the unit would not keep a defualt IP and  could not be Pinged. I contacted tech support and they concluded unit is dead. Then proceeds to tell me that they have no refurbs in stock and that I would be contacted in the future when one is available. I lost it, and said they can just send me a brand new one, to which he said sorry not our policy. My wife and i work from home and we have a smart house with many devices so I asked for another model, again he said not our policy. I ask what exactly are we suppose to do, he said wait until they have more refurbs in stock. I said no you can overnight me a replacement model overnight as this is critical for our jobs, again he said "not our policy" but he would share my concerns with the customer care team and that someone would be contacted within 24 hours, news flash, never happened. This  a $500 unit of which they only provide 90 days of support than try to sell you extended support.

Asked if the 1 year clock on hardware replacement warranty on refurb starts over with the unit, again he saids, not our policy and that I would only get the balance of the warranty. so if the unit dies again after 2 months I get to buy another one. Had to buy another router (Arris AX3000 G34) just to get back up before wife and I have to be at work online Monday. I was always a loyal NG fan but no longer. Hopefully a class action suite will be initiated soon.

CAX80 Horrible product and worse customer service. Case #46366936 just one of many.

Message 1 of 9
jg62
Star

Re: CAX80 dead 10 months NG wants me to wait until they have more refurbs 4 warranty replacement no

3 days in and not a single resolution has been remotely offered on a device still under warranty because they don't have anymore refurbished units to offer as a result of how many they have had to give out already to replace the many failed ones and will not offer a new one or a refund. 

Literally told me that they would contact me when more refurbs were in stock. Incredible.

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Please send the following infromation to the forum moderators listed here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/NOTICE-Users-with-sudden-non-functioning-CAX80...

Message 3 of 9
jg62
Star

This is what I get almost daily from Netgear form there "customer care" department.

"apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you" Are you kidding, day 5 into a major hardware failure under warranty and still no overnight replacement when you have new units in stock but choose to not to provide in hopes of a refurbished one showing up while my network is down.
I don't need apologies, I need a refund or a new router asap, have yet to hear from anyone who can actually do something when I explicitly request escalation to a manager or supervisor who will act not offer excuses. This is $500 unit that failed on your watch, do something.

Message 4 of 9
jg62
Star

Oh I also get "congratulations on your post badge" yeah, that what I need.

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

A NG forum moderator should be contacting you. 

Message 6 of 9
jg62
Star

A full week since the router died with almost daily request for proof of Model number, serial number and proof of purchase even though I provided all his on the first day I bought this thing when I registered it, and now I am being asked for CC info prior to anything being done. from their "Customer Care" department, just incredible. 

Message 7 of 9
jg62
Star

Do they honestly think I won't send the failed one back so this is why they asked for CC info really? I would like to send them both back and get a full refund but informed not their policy so have to roll the dice on the remaining balance of the warranty, that's comforting.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to keep in contact with NG support about this. All this is beyond forum help.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7