Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX80 got bricked overnight

afkaraoglu
Aspirant

CAX80 got bricked overnight

All of a sudden it stopped working and whatever I did I couldn't fix it. The reset button doesn't even do anything. I know this is happening to lots of people. I am wondering if anyone got a resolution for this?

Their customer support is a total scam. I couldn't reach any human to at least get some advice. I sent a message to the admins as suggested on one of the posts here, but didn't hear back from them.

This is unacceptable. If anyone from Netgear is reading this, I am taking this to every consumer rights agency I can reach out to if I don't hear back from you this week. Your CAX80 products are definitely defective and your customers cannot even reach you to explain the problem.

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 11
erchicago85
Aspirant

Did you get this resolved? I having the same issue
Message 3 of 11
afkaraoglu
Aspirant

Of course not. Mine was out of the ridiculous 1 year warranty. I am sure the product I got was defecitve but the tech support guy who reached out to me said that the symptoms of mine doesn't match with their bug report... Netgear can sell defective products and get away with it pretty well because of their nonsense 1 year warranty. I reached out to every consumer protection agency I can. Got a response only from BBB so far. I won't let this company get away with this.

I hope yours is still within the 1 year warranty. Otherwise, good luck...

Message 4 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you been contacted by NG? 

@erchicago85 wrote:
Did you get this resolved? I having the same issue

Message 5 of 11
afkaraoglu
Aspirant

Yeah they did contact me after a few weeks of silence. After I sent a message to the admins a few weeks later I received an email from Netgear support that told me that there is a case opened for me. A guy from their support called me and asked me some questions. Told me that the symptoms my device has doesn't match with their bug reports so they won't be replacing it. Total BS.

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

I was actually asking the other user. 

However I have asked NG to reach out again to you. Please check your PM inbox periodically. 

@afkaraoglu wrote:

Yeah they did contact me after a few weeks of silence. After I sent a message to the admins a few weeks later I received an email from Netgear support that told me that there is a case opened for me. A guy from their support called me and asked me some questions. Told me that the symptoms my device has doesn't match with their bug reports so they won't be replacing it. Total BS.

Message 7 of 11
afkaraoglu
Aspirant

Oh, sorry I didn't see the part you quoted. Thanks for reaching out to NG for me!

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 9 of 11
erchicago85
Aspirant

Yes. I was connected with L2 support and was able to get it working again by performing a hard reset.  I don't know why, but I couldn't connect to the unit for several days after it stopped responding.  Thanks again.

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

@erchicago85 wrote:

Yes. I was connected with L2 support and was able to get it working again by performing a hard reset.  I don't know why, but I couldn't connect to the unit for several days after it stopped responding.  Thanks again.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7