Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 no 5G...light solid

SuperFrustrated
Aspirant

CAX80 no 5G...light solid

I received a CAX80 as a replacement for a bricked CAX30 due to the firmware issue.....the 5G light is lit but steady and network will not populate on any device....If I place my cell phone directly on top of modem....it shows but only 1 bar...once I pick it up...it goes away...any ideas. NETGEAR Support/Customer Care helpline is a joke. I have also left messages with NETGEAR corporate and of course...no return call.... I have been without a fully functioning modem/router for a month now! I got this as a replacement for a shoddy firmware issue and still NETGEAR refuses to rectify...Ideas on how to address this with someone other than the support helpline or customer care

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 no 5G...light solid

Does a factory reset change anything? Press the reset button for 10 seconds then release. 

Has the modem worked at all since you got it from NG? 

Message 2 of 8
SuperFrustrated
Aspirant

No...I have reset the modem 5x's....been thru numerous tests with support and still...solid light but no 5g

Message 3 of 8
SuperFrustrated
Aspirant

Yes..modem worked till 1am when a new firmware was pushed...all connected devices went offline and when I awoke...I realized the issue when the laptops wouldn't connect(I work remote)....

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Whos the ISP? 

@DarrenM 

Message 5 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I have sent you a Pm.

DarrenM