Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 not functioning. Only the Power Light is on.

jiweeo
Aspirant

CAX80 not functioning. Only the Power Light is on.

My CAX80 suddenly stoped working in a morning. Not responding at all. Only the power light is on (solid white).

• I tried pressing the reset button for a minute. It didn't help.
  • I tried recovering the firmware with tftp but I couldn't even get any response from router.

I called the technical support and they just said it is a hardware issue and I can't do nothing. They literally hanged up my call after saying my device is out of warranty..

So Netgear experts, could you please advise on what should I do to get it fixed? It was a $500 device and I only used it for 1.5 years. Disappointed.

Message 1 of 12
jgilbert03
Aspirant

Re: CAX80 not functioning. Only the Power Light is on.

Same problem same day.
Message 2 of 12
plemans
Guru

Seems like we've been seeing a lot of these with the cax80. 

maybe @DarrenM can help. 

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 12
jiweeo
Aspirant

Hi @DarrenM 

I pm you some details of my router a couple days ago. Could you please help? Thanks!!

Message 5 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I have sent your Pm to support it may take a day or two for them to contact you.

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 6 of 12
jcochems
Aspirant

This exact issue just happened to me TODAY so I just signed into Netgear to look up warranty/support info and came across the Support Forum and this message. I work from home and was working without any issue for about four hours this morning, then suddenly my internet went out. I use Xfinity Internet service. Checked my Nighthawk router (Modal CAX80) which showed a solid white Power led, but NO other lights at all.

Paid $430 for this hardware only 8 months ago brand new from Amazon.

Tried everything mentioned in prior comments above with no change. Continuing to read this thread and saw some other messages stating to direct message two individual's at Netgear Support which I will do. I have unplugged power as well as coax cable and tried reset. No change. When plugging back in, the Power led lights up solid white and NO other lights are on. Pressing WiFi On/Off or WPS Button has no reaction at all, no lights blink or light up when pressed. Tried connecting laptop to router via direct Cat5 cable and unable to connect to router at all, not even a reply when pinging Default Gateway IP.

Jim

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 12
jcochems
Aspirant

Thanks for taking the time to reply and the link Furry. That is the exact message I already came across as well before this one and so I have already gone ahead sent a PM to those two usernames just after I posted my reply here.

I really feel for all those people/posts I found for the SAME issue and modal and were just a little over a year from purhcase so were just past their warranty on a $425+ pieec of hardware. Clearly there is something not right with this modal/hardware. 

Thanks

Jim

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya unfortuneately we can't fix it out here in the field. I believe NG is aware of the issue and is trying to help all CAX80 users out. I agree, it's a spendy peice of equipment to go down unexpectedly and prematurely. Hoping NG will help you all out. 

Keep on them. 

@jcochems wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to reply and the link Furry. That is the exact message I already came across as well before this one and so I have already gone ahead sent a PM to those two usernames just after I posted my reply here.

I really feel for all those people/posts I found for the SAME issue and modal and were just a little over a year from purhcase so were just past their warranty on a $425+ pieec of hardware. Clearly there is something not right with this modal/hardware. 

Thanks

Jim

Message 10 of 12
mcjarvis
Aspirant

Hi Darrin,

I am having this issue as well with my CAX80. Could you please follow up with me on the best way to move forward with getting a replacement or repaired device? Thank you
Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Please review this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/NOTICE-Users-with-sudden-non-functioning-CAX80...

@mcjarvis wrote:
Hi Darrin,

I am having this issue as well with my CAX80. Could you please follow up with me on the best way to move forward with getting a replacement or repaired device? Thank you

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7