Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1000 Event Log Error Messages

RGLawson
Aspirant

CM1000 Event Log Error Messages

Where can I find information about the error messages in my event log? I've been having intermittent internet problems over the past week, so I checked the event log. One entry for today is: DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=38:94:ed:41:81:58;CMTS-MAC=00:ca:e5:3c:ac:7b;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

I also had error messages last week: Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.9;CM-MAC=38:94:ed:41:81:58;CMTS-MAC=00:ca:e5:3c:ac:7b;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Is there some documentation that would indicate whether these are serious errors, and whether there is anything I can do about them?

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

post the full event logs and the cable connections page. Those in conjunction together lets us check your line. 

(a screen snip is easier to read)

Message 2 of 8
RGLawson
Aspirant

Thanks for your help. I've attached snips of the event log going back several days, along with the cable connection page.I've combined the snips into a PDF, but please let me know if there is a better way to share that.

Does any of that show anything helpful?

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

You missed channel 17-24. So not sure about those channels.

Your upstream power is really low. It should be >37 and you're lower than that. 

Your logs also indicate a line issue. 

I'd check your line for amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters. Check the line for damage, kinks, old/bad/damaged/loose connections

Message 4 of 8
RGLawson
Aspirant

Thanks - I'll check the line. I know there is a splitter because the co-ax originally got split to three lines for three areas of the house. Since the coax only needs to go to the modem, there is probably a more direct way to connect things. 

Would the low power upstream lead to intermittent problems, or is that more likely due to a bad cable connection somewhere?

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

The upstream power is the modem sending its signal to the cmts. If you're really close the the hub, we expect it to be a little lower with power levels increasing as you get further away and more degredations to the signal. 

Your downstream powers indicate your not far away but you should have higher upstream based on your downstream. 

Message 6 of 8
RGLawson
Aspirant

Thanks. Is there some relatively simple documentation that helps explain fundamentals like this? I'm slowly getting familiar with the concepts, but it would be helpful to read up on the basic elements of cable modems, routers, and switches.

I think I found a filter in the line in the basement. There's something I don't recognize between two pieces of co-ax. I'll try taking that out and seeing if it helps.

Thanks again

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements