Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1100 Channel Lock lED keeps blinking????

Bob5545
Aspirant

CM1100 Channel Lock lED keeps blinking????

Why does this led keep blinking with my Comcast Xfinity internet connection.

All seems fine with my internet connection and speed, and there appears to be no channel locking problem. 

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

You have line issues. You have errors in your line and your event log is showing ofdma profile errors. 

The profile issues might not cause issues as your connection is a 500mbps connection and not faster (don't necessarily need a docsis 3.1 connection for those speeds with xfinity). 

So it might connect and work fine but with all your line errors I'd be looking at it closely. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post a capture of the Events logs too.

You have lots of Correct and UN-Correctables that should be mostly zeros:

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 
What is the brand and model of the host wifi router connected to the modem?

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.

Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router
https://www.duckware.com/tech/solving-intermittent-cable-modem-issues.html

Message 2 of 8
Bob5545
Aspirant

Thanks for responding.  

I have a single high quality coax run between the Comcast service and my wall where the modem is connected to, a direct run.

Also have good internet download speeds, approximately 500 Mbps.

If I power cycle the modem, I have to reset my entire Velop Linksys system, multiple nodes and router.

Here is a copy of the log with no new entries since Nov 12th.

Comments???  Thank you,

Message 3 of 8
Kitsap
Master

@Bob5545 wrote:

All seems fine with my internet connection and speed, and there appears to be no channel locking problem. 

Screen snip from the manual attached.  If your connection is performing as expected, the blinking LED is nothing major to be concerned about.  Looked at your event log and again nothing to be concerned about.  On your cable connection there are a lot of correctable/un-correctable events noted.  To put those in perspective, would have to know your modem system up-time.  If you recently restarted your modem, they are not good.  If it has been weeks or months since a restart, most likely nothing bad.  These values reset when you restart your modem.

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
https://kb.netgear.com/30007/How-do-I-obtain-the-cable-connection-information-from-a-NETGEAR-cable-m...

Your Events log looks ok. 

@Bob5545 wrote:

Thanks for responding.  

I have a single high quality coax run between the Comcast service and my wall where the modem is connected to, a direct run.

Also have good internet download speeds, approximately 500 Mbps.

If I power cycle the modem, I have to reset my entire Velop Linksys system, multiple nodes and router.

Here is a copy of the log with no new entries since Nov 12th.

Comments???  Thank you,

Message 5 of 8
Kitsap
Master

@Bob5545 wrote:

@FURRYe38 

Cable connection screen snip was part of the original post.

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Thats write, I mentioned that too. Dug. My bad. 🙄

Well user needs to have the ISP check the lines and such for issues there. Hopefully find something. 

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

You have line issues. You have errors in your line and your event log is showing ofdma profile errors. 

The profile issues might not cause issues as your connection is a 500mbps connection and not faster (don't necessarily need a docsis 3.1 connection for those speeds with xfinity). 

So it might connect and work fine but with all your line errors I'd be looking at it closely. 

If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7