Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1150V Voice Not Working

Greg76
Tutor

CM1150V Voice Not Working

I purchased the CM1150V from netgear to replace the Altice modem from Optimum so I could fully access my smart home systems.  The modem was provisioned by Optimum when I called and internet works just as it should. However I cannot get my phone service to work.  It was working on the Altice modem immediately before.  Optimum says it is set up on thier side.  Is there anything I need to do to get it working or could there be something wrong with my modem?  Any help appreciated. 

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1150V Voice Not Working

Either ISP or a tech needs to check the phone lines in your home. You'll need to contac the ISP for help in this. If this worked on a different ISP and isn't working on the different ISP, then the newer ISP needs to look into this. 

Message 2 of 9
Greg76
Tutor

It is the same ISP (Optimum).  The only difference here is the modem.

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Either ISP or a tech needs to check the phone lines in your home. You'll need to contac the ISP for help in this. 

Contact NG support as well. 

Message 4 of 9
SShawn
Aspirant

Wondering if you got this to work with optimum if so how or what do I need to do I have same issue
Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 5 of 9
antinode
Guru

> Wondering if you got this to work with optimum if so how or what do I
> need to do I have same issue

> Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk. Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for
> XFINITY(R) Voice

I know nothing, but does "optimum" offer "XFINITY(R) Voice"?  I would
think not.

Perhaps a forum search for "CM1150V" would find some useful
information.  Mine found, for example:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/td-p/1970842

Message 6 of 9
Greg76
Tutor

Hi. Working with Optimum is a brutal process. Speak to 5 different people and you’ll get 5 different answers on almost any topic. Modem says it’s for Xfinity but also compatible with other service providers and optimum actually told me to buy this modem. In the end, I also had an older modem (slower speed) that I used for my phone while my internet runs through this modem.
Message 7 of 9
Robbo17
Initiate

Hey Greg, were you ever able to fix the situation? I'm having the same issue with optimum voice
Message 8 of 9
Greg76
Tutor

Unfortunately I did not get it working.  Solution for me was two modems - one for internet and one for voice.  

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7