Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1150V and telephone

Ambit
Follower

CM1150V and telephone

To start out, I am a Comcast customer and I have the situation working now but I'm curious as to the source of the problem.  I have one phone line.  I installed my new modem, got a dial tone and could call out but my phone would not ring for incoming calls.  I could see the identifying caller ID on my TV but no ring.  Calls were going to voicemail.  Comcast couldn't solve this and scheduled a tech to come out.  Before that happened I thought to just plug the phone cord into Tel2 instead of Tel1 and SOLVED.  Why?  Previous modem and same phone worked on Tel1.  This modem has both Tel1 and Tel2 lit, just no ring on Tel1.  Anyone seen this?

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 7
ThundrbltMN
Initiate

Re: CM1150V and telephone

Running latest firmware for Comcast.  I had the same problem.  Tried the same thing.  Moved the telephone wire plug from TEL 1 to TEL 2.  WORKED!  Thank you for your suggestion!  Now I can cancel the Comcast tech appointment.

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 2 of 7
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ambit and ThundrbltMN,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the backlog in the system. Are you still having the issue? Please provide the following information:

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred schedule (at least 2 days ahead)

Timezone:

Device S/N:

Current firmware version:

Alternatively, if you wish to be contacted via email only then kindly include your preferred email address.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 7
ThundrbltMN
Initiate

After connecting my single phone line to TEL 2, my phone now rings.  I don't know why it works that way; especially since Netgear says not to connect a single telephone line to TEL 2.  But it works for me now, and I'm not touching it!

Message 4 of 7
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ThundrbltMN,

Thank you for your response and we understand your concern. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 5 of 7
AIOverloard
Aspirant

The caller ID doesn’t work on my CM1150V modem. What do I need to do to correct this problem?
Message 6 of 7
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @AIOverloard,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. Was this working before? What is the current firmware of your modem? What is your current subscription with Comcast/Xfinity?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7