Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM2050V Xfinity cannot activate voice

mcsd4959
Aspirant

CM2050V Xfinity cannot activate voice

After multiple calls with customer service, a tech came out today and still could not get voice to work.  Internet is fine, but voice is a no-go.  Tech called multiple people for assistance but no one could activate the voice.  We ended up putting my old Arris modem back in for voice only and keeping the CM2050V for internet.  It works but it's wonky at best.

This seems wrong...event log posted below. Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

mcsd4959_0-1677179519794.png

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: CM2050V Xfinity cannot activate voice

the emta log/connection screen would be better. did you have them reprovision it? 

Message 2 of 5
mcsd4959
Aspirant

Thanks - new screenshot attached.  I think this is the one you asked for.

I'm not sure exactly what steps were taken but the tech did say he had Xfinity activate the modem repeatedly and nothing worked.  He came up with the idea of using the old modem for voice and worked with Xfinity to make that work so it seemed to me that he knew what he was doing...but I am just a lay person.

Message 3 of 5
owlyn
Apprentice

The regular tech support people can’t do it. You need to get through to the Xfinity Voice Support department.
Message 4 of 5
Kitsap
Master

@owlyn wrote:
The regular tech support people can’t do it. You need to get through to the Xfinity Voice Support department.

Provisioning and activation of the modem is a separate event from provisioning and activation of the eMTA.  When the technician asked to have the modem activated, they missed the mark.  Standard support personnel do not have the tools to deal with the eMTA.  Only the Xfinity Voice Support group has the tools.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7