Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM500 Comcast ASYNC issue

Buzzik
Tutor

CM500 Comcast ASYNC issue

fdHello everyone.
I have this weird issue with my connection. I have Xfinity and my speed is around 120Mbps DLD/5mbps UPLD. I am gaming a lot, mostly fast paced shooters where good connection is essential.

The problem is that when I play games it feels like the game is delayed, my mouse and keys feel sluggish, I feels like everything I see on my screen, including players are not in sync with servers. That leads to an issue that I literally cannot kill anyone, because player is no longer there where I am shooting at. Sometimes I can unload the whole clip right in front of him and only 1 bullet hits him.

I started to investigate. 

I connected my PC directly to modem, so there is nothing else in between. I changes my CAT cable to a new one, then I added new modem, nothing changed. I tried different computers on my network. Finally, I took my whole setup (PC) to my friend's house - the issue was gone completely, I brought it back home and here we go again to the same thing.

Today I restarted my modem, opened Command Prompt, and ping google.com every second. Then I went gaming while monitoring my connection in CP and the game felt good, like connection has finally been fixed. After like 10 minutes my game would freeze for 3 seconds but does not disconnect, and at that very moment in CP I see “Request timed out”. After that I am experiencing the same issue I was talking about in the beginning.This is what Command Prompt shows after I stop pinging. issue.jpgissue.jpg

issue2.jpgissue3.jpgI tried that many time and everytime after about 700 packets I will get that lag that messes up my connection. I checked my modem logs and this is what I have. Please some one help me with this issue. Thanks.

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 12
Buzzik
Tutor

issue.png

Message 2 of 12
plemans
Guru

photos have to be approved by a moderator. You can attach photos by clicking on the "choose file" option and going that route (can only do 1 at a time). 

Make sure to include the cable connections page as well. 

Message 3 of 12
Buzzik
Tutor

Message 4 of 12
Buzzik
Tutor

Message 5 of 12
Buzzik
Tutor

Message 6 of 12
plemans
Guru

Your power levels look good. are you rebooting your modem? otherwise the docsdev reset command is the the cmts if thats not from you. 

And you've tried replacing the modem? 

Message 7 of 12
Buzzik
Tutor

Yes, I was rebooting my modem multiples time, then Comcast chat support was rebooting it. Now I cleared my modem logs, rebooted it and straight ahead I got these erroros again. It's not that I have bad connection, my ping and speed is good. The problem lies in that one single drop after I reboot(ussue.jpeg). After this drop my game is completetly out of sync with game's server. Does this SYNC Timing Synchronization failure has to do something with that? Is it my problem or ISP? I went to Best Buy the other day and bought a new Modem for $100 same thing nothing changed, so I returned it.

I already have an appointment shceduled for tomorrow. But guess what, this is gonna be my 5th tech guy coming over about the same issue.

Message 8 of 12
plemans
Guru

Its normal to get that after a reboot. 

If the modems been running/used for a while, when it slows down, do you get the same error that corresponds to the time the drop happens in the game. 

Message 9 of 12
Buzzik
Tutor

No, same count. It drops just onse

Message 10 of 12
plemans
Guru

So it only drops when you first startup the modem. Nothing afterwards? 

And more than 1 modem had the same issue? 

If so, I wouldn't be looking at the modem

Message 11 of 12
Buzzik
Tutor

Yes, same with another modem, internet drops just 1 time. Had Comcast guy this morning, he said the outlet is perfectly good and he does not know what this might be, 😂.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7