Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM500 Connection Issues

possum26
Aspirant

CM500 Connection Issues

Hello,

For the past few weeks, my modem has been losing connection and then I either have to unplug it or wait until the connection comes back. Only the upstream light blinks when there is an issue, and I have tried calling my ISP but they just say that there's nothing wrong on their end and there's something wrong with my modem even though it's pretty new.

I had problems late last year too, and the technician said that there was problems with my wiring that could cause issues again. Could it be this? Or something else? Thanks for any help.

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

do you also have the screen snip of the cable connections page? That shows connection strength/errors and is useful in conjunction with the logs. Your logs indicate line issues but it helps to have the connections page. 

If you do have any splitters, amplifiers, or signal attenuators in the coax line, I'd recommend removing them. check the link for kinks, damage, old/loose/bad/corroded connections and fix them if you have that issue. 

Message 2 of 4
possum26
Aspirant

Sorry the numbers are cut off on the Uncorrectables column, they read as 569, 869, 592, 555, 480, 572, 694, 615, 725, 560, 307, 484, 594, 464, 546, and 421.

I live in an apartment complex so I can't do anything to the line by myself.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Your power levels are a touch high and you have a few errors in the line. 

A couple things you can try. 

1. check any splitters, connectors, cables, for damage or corrosion. 

2. I usually tell people to remove any splitters or attenuators. But in this case, I'd actually say get a bigger one. For instance, if there's a double in line, go to a triple or a quad splitter. Or add an attenuator. Reason why is your power levels is high. This will get the power level down and your modem can bump up its own upstream power levels as needed. Plus if the other splitter was what was adding the errors, a decent quality replacement might helpl

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7