Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM500 Intermittent Drops

ragerDuane
Guide

CM500 Intermittent Drops

I few weeks ago I moved and got a new ISP. With my old ISP I never noticed any internet problems. With my new ISP, at first they left a splitter in my line, which was causing major internet outages. They solved that. Here is that post for reference: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/CM500-Modem-keeps-dropping-internet-then-recon... Since then, my internet has occasionally dropped out for a few seconds to a few minutes, typically one to a few times a day. This may seem like a repost of similar issues, but the recommendations I've seen on other posts are to check the line. However, as mentioned above, the ISP did that already. Should I have them check it again or do you notice anything else from the event log and cable connections? Both the cable connections and event log are attached in a single pdf.
Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: CM500 Intermittent Drops

Your logs indicate the power is going in and out of spec. That's the dynamic range window violations. 

And the errors on the connections page indicate issues with the line as well. 

If you have any splitters, amplifiers, or attenuators in the coax line, remove them. Move your modem to right where the coax comes into the home and connect there with a direct connection (no other splits/connectors). The ensures its not wiring in the home causing the issue. 

Message 2 of 4
ragerDuane
Guide

I've got my modem right where the line comes in the house, no splitters or anything. Would you recommend me getting ISP to come check the outside line again?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You're caught in a quandary. 

Some isp's charge to check the line if there isn't an issue or if its external to the home. 

but your line is showing issues. 

so its either the modem or the line. 

If you had a backup modem you could try and if both had the issue, then you know its the line. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7