Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM500 Modem Connection Drops & Error Logs

Khendu
Aspirant

CM500 Modem Connection Drops & Error Logs

Over the past several weeks, I've experienced an increasing frequency of internet connection drops.  While some are short (10-30 secs.) and will reconnect without powering the modem and router down and back up, other drops do not reconnect and require power cycling the hardware.  When I called my ISP (Spectrum), they did not see any errors and simply refreshed the signal to my location.  Otherwise, my ISP indicated that my line connection looks good and I should contact Netgear about the modem.  While my modem is only 13 months old, it is unfortunately out of warranty, and I cannot decipher the connection and event logs.  Based on the information from my modem's logs, can anyone see any issues with the modem or potentially the connection with my ISP?  Thanks.

Model: CM500-1AZNAS|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM500 Modem Connection Drops & Error Logs

Please use the Choose File button option and attach your capture files. Otherwise we have to wait for a forum moderator to approve your pictures. 

Message 2 of 4
Khendu
Aspirant

As suggested, I deleted the pictures and attached a PDF with the screen captures via the Choose File button.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Got lots of T3 Criticals in the logs. Something the ISP should look at as well. 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...
https://highspeed.tips/docsis-events/

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series