Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM600/CM1000 no ethernet

NickGobeli
Aspirant

CM600/CM1000 no ethernet

I have a CM600 modem with a AC1750 router, out of the blue I have no connection, the ethernet light on the CM600 is not lit, all other lights are on, tried plugging directly into the modem with my laptop and still cannot see the modem. I was thinking the modem had crapped out so I bought a new CM1000 and am still experiencing the same issue, cannot get an ethernet light. I called ISP and they activated everything, they sent out a tech and he wasn't able to find anything on their end. Any thoughts? I don't know what firmware are on each, was going to check when I got home tonight. 

ISP is Spectrum. 

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM600/CM1000 no ethernet

CHeck the ethernet adapter on your PC or ethernet jack on the router for troubles.

Swap LAN cables between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended.

What is the brand and model# of the wifi router you have connected to the modem? Contact the Mfr of this router for additional help and information regarding there product.

Message 2 of 8
NickGobeli
Aspirant

I swapped cables and nothing. The router is a Netgear Nighthawk AC1750

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Is there a R#### model number? AC1750 is a combined wireless speed.

Check to make sure this model router has 1000Mpbs supporting WAN port. Some older model routers only supported 100Mpbs. 

Message 4 of 8
NickGobeli
Aspirant

Its an R6700, should be good to 1300Mbps.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Power OFF the modem and connect up one wired PC to the modem. Power it ON. Give maybe 3-4 minutes. See if you get internet access here. 

Does the Internet LED on the router show WHITE or AMBER indication? 

Message 6 of 8
NickGobeli
Aspirant

Installed the new CM1000v2 modem, was able to connect via PC, Ethernet light flashed green which is normal for this model I believe. Tried to connect to router using same brand new cat6 cable and no Ethernet light on modem or router. I am able to pull up router login on pc and see everything but it shows no internet bexause no Ethernet cable detected. At the top of the screen it says router firmware update available but since no internet I cannot download it.
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Download the file to the pc while the pc is connected to the modem

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements