Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cable Modem Router C7000v2 tanking upload speeds when download is in use

BarkyFoxtrot
Follower

Cable Modem Router C7000v2 tanking upload speeds when download is in use

Back in August of last year we relocated to Missouri and had to pick between Century Link and Cable America. We picked Cable America, as people in the area suggested they had the best service. ...but they also told us to get our own modem as Cable America's hardware was awful. So we ended up picking up the Nighthawk AC1900 C7000v2 modem router hybrid.

It worked 100% perfectly fine up until earlier this month, when my upload speed got SUPER spotty. I thought it was the ISP being garbage, but when they sent a tech out to look at it.... Every test he did pointed to the modem being the problem. What we found out was that my upload works fine until ANYTHING connects and starts using the internet. No matter how little, the upload becomes unstable. Going from what we're paying for to NOTHING at all. I've tried power cycling, factory resetting the device, swapping ethernet ports, the works.

I'm at a loss on what to do. I don't want to have to replace the device if possible. We'd have to temporarily rent a Cable America modem again to send this one off, and that's a tough sell on a household that isn't experiencing these issues the way I am. I'm a Twitch streamer, the only one in the house that uses our connection in this way. So it's been pretty frustrating trying to explain the issue to the rest of my household and them tell me that they're not having any issues.

What do I do?

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7