Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cm1000 and nighthawk wont stay connected to comcast.

rjemison1109
Follower

Cm1000 and nighthawk wont stay connected to comcast.

So long story, ive had comcast gig internet for about 3 months now.  Ive had a nighthawk x6 for a good 3-4 years and has always been amazing for me.  To save on rental fees from comcast i got a CM1000.  I connected from the beginning during covid and was having trouble getting a tech out to look at my slow speeds (150-200 mbps) Finally over the past 2 weeks ive had 3 techs out and all have done/said different things.  First tech came out and ive been without internet for 3 weeks now.  It seems its the CM1000 that wont let the signal out as there device is seeing 700 at the coaxle, but when plugged in im getting 3-5mbps on a wired device if connection at all.  Ive done it all from factory reset, spent hours on the phone with comcast, etc.  Before i give in and get an xFi what am i missing here to get internet to come through?

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Cm1000 and nighthawk wont stay connected to comcast.

do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and the modem logs? 

post that back here. it gives us a snip of the connection back to the isp.

If you have any splitters, attenuators, or amplifiers in the coax line remove them.

Also, check your coax line for kinks, water damage, loose/corroded connections, bad/cheap connectors,etc. 

Preferably, directly connect the modem right where the coax enters the home. don't connect the router at the start. just test directly off the modem. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7