Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cm1150v

Hdonnelly
Follower

Cm1150v

We have Xfinity internet, and had no problems in the past. We just upgraded to the GB speed, and had to buy a new modem, nighthawk cm1150v. We have the google puck mesh system.
The internet worked for one day, but our roku and smart tv’s would not connect, nor will the Xfinity streaming app. Comcast said our brand new modem was bad. So we just got another one, and the google pucks will not work, but we have internet. Comcast said we need a bridge system for them to work.
I really don’t understand this tech stuff. How do we get our google pucks to work with this new modem? There is no phone number to call NETGEAR, even though I’m supposed to be able to call in the first 90 days. Any help for this tech challenged mom would be greatly appreciated!
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Cm1150v

Time to determine if its a modem problem or a router problem. 

If you hardwire into the modem, does it work?  So:

1. turn off the modem.

2. plug a computer into it

3. Turn modem on. Wait until it fully boots. Usually a couple minutes

4. Does it work? Can you browse the internet? Do you get full speeds?

If so, the modem is working as it should and I'd look at the google router for issues. 

All the modem does is provide an ip address to the google wifi router and the router will from there allocate internal ip addresses to your devices.  If the modem works when directly connected, its doing its job. 

Anytime you change modems, its always good to reset your router back to factory and start fresh. Prior settings can mess things up. Did you do this with the google wifi? 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cm1150v

The CM1150v is a modem only with phone line support. it needs a external wifi router behind it so that your Google devices will connect to the wifi router.

As seen in the Connect a Router section of the installation guide:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/CM1150V/CM1150V_QSG_EN.pdf

@Hdonnelly wrote:
We have Xfinity internet, and had no problems in the past. We just upgraded to the GB speed, and had to buy a new modem, nighthawk cm1150v. We have the google puck mesh system.
The internet worked for one day, but our roku and smart tv’s would not connect, nor will the Xfinity streaming app. Comcast said our brand new modem was bad. So we just got another one, and the google pucks will not work, but we have internet. Comcast said we need a bridge system for them to work.
I really don’t understand this tech stuff. How do we get our google pucks to work with this new modem? There is no phone number to call NETGEAR, even though I’m supposed to be able to call in the first 90 days. Any help for this tech challenged mom would be greatly appreciated!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7