Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ethernet Ports on CM1150V (v2.02.04) Nighthawk

vcoli1958
Follower

Ethernet Ports on CM1150V (v2.02.04) Nighthawk

I just purchased a Model CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 (Firmware v2.02.04) Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY Voice. I selected this model in part to get the four Gigabit Ethernet Ports. I have no requirement for Ethernet Port Aggregation (LACP-IEEE 802.3ad) and never Enabled that feature. I just want Gigabit Ethernet. I have a Wireless Router already successfully connected in Port 1, but when I try to connect devices (Windows PC, Mac, and DVR) to Ports 2, 3, or 4 they never get connected to internet. Are Ports 2, 3, and 4 usable for wired Ethernet? Is there a configuration tool or App required to do this? Thanks, Vince
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ethernet Ports on CM1150V (v2.02.04) Nighthawk

Be aware that the CM1150V is on MODEM ONLY. There is no built in router. So you'll need 1 external wifi router on port 1. The other ports are assigned by the ISP if they support such features. 

One thing to try is to reboot the CM modem after conneting a device to one of the other ports. This may get an IP address from the ISP automatically. However it may not as some ISPs again will control what IP services get assigned to a multi WAN port modem. 

Message 2 of 3
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Ethernet Ports on CM1150V (v2.02.04) Nighthawk

unless you have MULTIPLE IP SERVICE, you cannot use ports 2/3/4. Not everyone in Comcast network has this service. Not everyone can purchase it.

if you have LAG, you can do Port 1+2.

Otherwise, you can just use 1 port.

NOTE: This is NOT A ROUTER (IT IS BRIDGED MODEM).

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7