Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Have internet but no WIFI (model C3700)

llacroix4683
Aspirant

Have internet but no WIFI (model C3700)

Reset the Netgear C3700 router and have internet (using cable) but no WIFI. Tried to login to the router using https://routerlogin.net but can't login. So ran IPCONFIG and tried to login to the gateway IP address but comes back as insecure site. Went to Chrome setting and allowed insecure sites but that didn't work. Any ideas on how to get the WIFI to work?

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Have internet but no WIFI (model C3700)

Im thinking the router portion of the modem is in some bad state that we can't get it out of. 

Last idea to try...look up on how to do a 30-30-30 reset. 

If this fails then the modem needs to be replaced.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then release. Use a ethernet connected PC with the modem and Try MS Edge or Firefox and navigate to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. See if you can access the setup wizard and complete it. 

Message 2 of 12
Kitsap
Master

@llacroix4683 wrote:

Reset the Netgear C3700 router and have internet (using cable) but no WIFI. Tried to login to the router using https://routerlogin.net but can't login. So ran IPCONFIG and tried to login to the gateway IP address but comes back as insecure site. Went to Chrome setting and allowed insecure sites but that didn't work. Any ideas on how to get the WIFI to work?

Did you accidentally turn off the Wi-Fi radios?

Are the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi indicators illuminated?

See attached.

Message 3 of 12
llacroix4683
Aspirant

WIFI radio is on and the 2.4G and 5G lights are on. Can't seem to login to router using Edge or Chrome, says it is insecure site. 

Message 4 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Disconnect the ISP coax cable from the modem. Factory reset by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then release. Use a ethernet connected PC with the modem and Try MS Edge or Firefox and navigate to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. See if you can access the setup wizard and complete it. If you can, then reconnect the ISP coax cable to the modem...

Message 5 of 12
llacroix4683
Aspirant

I tried login to router using Firefox (had tried Edge and Chrome) and it brings me to a Netgear Geni page to change my password, when I do that and click the 'next' button, nothing happens.

Message 6 of 12
Kitsap
Master

@llacroix4683 wrote:

WIFI radio is on and the 2.4G and 5G lights are on. Can't seem to login to router using Edge or Chrome, says it is insecure site. 

It is not a "site".  It is a web page on the router on your local area network.

Accept the advanced exception and connect anyway.

Are you using the IP addresses @FURRYe38 recommended?

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to clear out all browser caches and any browser saved password profiles for the modem. Try try accessing the modems web page. Be sure you press the reset button for 10 seconds and that you feel a momentary bump when you press the reset button. Try pressing it for 15 seconds as well. 

@llacroix4683 wrote:

I tried login to router using Firefox (had tried Edge and Chrome) and it brings me to a Netgear Geni page to change my password, when I do that and click the 'next' button, nothing happens.

Message 8 of 12
llacroix4683
Aspirant

Thanks for all the help but still can't get to the setup wizard. I used IP address 192.168.0.1, also I disconnected the ISP cable but still not working. I clipped a picture of the web page and attached to this reply. Maybe you'll see something I'm doing wrong.

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Im thinking the router portion of the modem is in some bad state that we can't get it out of. 

Last idea to try...look up on how to do a 30-30-30 reset. 

If this fails then the modem needs to be replaced.

Message 10 of 12
llacroix4683
Aspirant

The 30-30-30 reset worked!!!!!

Thanks

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Kewl. 

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7