Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help! Xfinity & CM1100 & Nighthawk AX8

Hilfiger8301
Follower

Help! Xfinity & CM1100 & Nighthawk AX8

I recently switched FROM 200mbps, Netgear CM500 and Linksys R74 EA7450 (AC1900). Im new to this so bear with me. Really spotty and slow service before.

NOW I upgraded to 600mbps, Netgear CM1100 & Netgear Nighthawk AX8. I'm Not Impressed like how it should be working (speed). I got about 400mbps when I was running the old modem (CM500) with the Router (AX8) due to delayed shipping for my new Modem. NOW I am running NEW modem and Router and it seems slower and I average 280-300mbsp. ANY SUGGESTIONS!!??

BTW I live in a 2 bed/2 bath house, router has been moved to center of house and still have these issues.
Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1, CM500-1AZNAS|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0, RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Help! Xfinity & CM1100 & Nighthawk AX8

First wire a PC behind the CM1100 modem with out the router and speed test to make sure your getting to spec speeds. 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.

If you can get to spec speeds with the PC behind the modem, then reconnect the RAX and wire connect the PC behind the router. Power OFF the modem and router while you wire connect everything up. Then power on the modem first then the router. 

Check your results. 

Any router problems, please post about them in the following forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Good Luck

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7