Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I change Nighthawk Ac1900 password

GiGito2
Aspirant

How do I change Nighthawk Ac1900 password

How do I change the password on my cable modem router? My next-door neighbor is using a jammer on my wireless security cameras and when they do it jams my Wi-Fi
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 10

@GiGito2 wrote:
How do I change the password on my cable modem router?

What cable modem router?

AC1900 is not a unique Netgear model number. Many devices come with the AC/AX tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and others, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the Model Number. And, if there is one, include the "V" bit to show the hardware version. If there is no V number, then you have V1.

If you mean the wifi password, manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Specify Basic WiFi Settings.

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

If you're 100% sure he's  using a jammer, you can report him. Its illegal under the FCC

https://www.fcc.gov/general/jammer-enforcement#:~:text=Federal%20law%20prohibits%20the%20operation,G....

Message 4 of 10

I had my suspicions. Brings us back to the first message.

What problem does @GiGito2 see?

Start with that rather than an interpretation of the possible cause and fixes.

Message 5 of 10
GiGito2
Aspirant

C7000v2

Message 6 of 10
GiGito2
Aspirant

At least if I keep changing my password, these next door neighbors will have to work harder but thank you for the link to FCC.

lI had local law enforement officers come to my house on Sunday and the one that works on bomb squad told me the average person couldn't afford the thosands of dollars they cost, yet I found all kinds of news articles about areas increasing in burglaries because of getting inexpensive jammers coming into the US from China.

All I know is when my wireless security camera bleeps off as they get in their vehicle to drive off from their driveway next to mine and return to the driveway my Roku streaming device also resets.  All other vehicles passing in front of my house from the dead end street show up on my camera.

And right after the two officers left my house there was a parade of the Bodega employees where they work in cars driving by that night and the next day and they never stopped at the next door neighbor's house or got out and hardly anyone ever comes down to this dead end.  I may be 62, but I know intimidation when I experience it.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

One thing you can do and I would recommend, get you some ethernet connected security cameras, if you feel there is some interferences, you should resolve that by switching to some wired cameras. Much harder to interfere with. 

Might get into a Wi-Fi router system that you can also change the Wi-Fi Power levels to something lower, giving you a smaller foot print in coverage and limiting interferences from external signal sources. 

You could still use the C series gateway and configure it to a modem mode, then get something that has some power adjustments for the Wi-Fi. 

Message 8 of 10
GiGito2
Aspirant

I have been in this house for over 20 years, but the times and the neighborhood have both changed. Also reading about WPA for greater security. I like the real time viewing of my wireless cameras and that there are no subscription fees, but may need to go to wired cameras. Thank you for your advice.
Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Wire would have same features and access to real time viewing. 

Good luck. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series