Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to find password to connect

Aspirant

How to find password to connect

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
Aspirant

Re: How to find password of C6300

My girlfriend bought product Model #C6300,she doesn't remember when. So we were leasing a Modem from Xfinity, decided to try the C6300. Well, everything went fine,untill I went to connect all my devices up. The network name and password are wrong,that came with it. I NEED HELP!
Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to find password of C6300

@02072019 wrote:
The network name and password are wrong,that came with it.

What does that mean? Is this the SSID and password for the wifi? And does "that came with it" mean that the default settings on the thing do not work?

Can you actually see a different SSID from the C6300? That would confirm that the device is working and that the wifi is turned on.

@02072019 wrote:
My girlfriend bought product Model #C6300,she doesn't remember when.

Was this a new modem/router? Has it ever been used?

The first thing to do with any device that you are moving or if it that has changed hands is a factory reset:

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

This will then restore all settings to those factory defaults that you can see on the device itself.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, although the widgets covered in this section are nothing like modem/routers. You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7