Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to update your C6300 AC 1750 Firmware

rekamyenom
Tutor

How to update your C6300 AC 1750 Firmware

Shame on Netgear for not allowing us to update our own equipment that we OWN. Not cool at all....

With that said, I needed the Firmware update BADLY to solve an issue which is now solved (so far)....

Find a friend, neighbor, or relative that is using an ISP Provider that is pushing the Firmware updates.

I beat my head against the wall for weeks looking for a firmware update to my C6300 that I bought on Amazon. Netgear won't give it to you and my service provider (Wow) will not push it out. This is what I had to do to get it. 

I took my router to my neighbors house who is on Spectrum (who is pushing the firmware updates), called tech support, told them I was my neighbor, told them I wanted to change my cable modem to my own (Netgear C6300), gave them the MAC Address, they turned it on, the upload and download lightning bolt looking arrows were flashing, that told me that the firmware was updating, to my neighbor out for Chinese food, came back, the lights were no longer flashing, inernet was up, checked my firmware version, and I am now on Hardware Version V3.0 Firmware Version V2.01.22. Called Spectrum back, told them I wanted to put my old router back on, gave them the MAC address of his original Router, and he was back up and running. Thank you Spectrum (I take back all the really bad things I said about you) and my patient neighbor!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!

Firmware.jpgSpectrum.jpg

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How to update your C6300 AC 1750 Firmware

Hello rekamyenom 

It is not up to Netgear to allow firmware upgrades for cable modems this is all regulated by the cable companies they push the firmware for all cable modems when they believe it is needed. This applies to any brand of cable modem you own 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7