Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I can connect to the internet, but the modem says it isn't

Sking2727
Aspirant

I can connect to the internet, but the modem says it isn't

Our WNDR3400v2 modem lost intenet connection, but then came back on. Everyone in the house is able to use the internet, except the modem says that we have no internet connection. Is there any way to fix it so that the modem does have internet? 

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Sking2727
Aspirant

It worked! I power cycled the modem and router, but it still did not have a connection, I then tried to look for a reset button on the router, or it's config page, but the only thing close to the reset button was the Factory one.I hit it, and It works just like before! Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The WNDR3400v2 isn’t a modem, it’s a router. Have you just tried switching it off then on again?

Message 2 of 7
Sking2727
Aspirant

Yes, I have. Could It be the firmware? I havent updated it since I got the router. The current version is V1.0.0.34_1.0.52.

Message 3 of 7
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You could update the firmware, but I can’t say for sure if that will resolve your issue. Could you post details of your modem please, manufacturer and model number, that’s assuming the WNDR3400 is connected to a modem, and if not what does it’s Internet port connect to?

Message 4 of 7
Sking2727
Aspirant

We have a Arris/Motorola Surfboard modem 400 series SB6141. I apologize for not getting back to you earlier.

Message 5 of 7
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

In that case it is sometimes also necessary to power cycle both the router and the modem, and in the case of some Arris modems that contain battery backup a reset (NOT a factory reset) may be needed.

Message 6 of 7
Sking2727
Aspirant

It worked! I power cycled the modem and router, but it still did not have a connection, I then tried to look for a reset button on the router, or it's config page, but the only thing close to the reset button was the Factory one.I hit it, and It works just like before! Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7