Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have a bricked CAX80 with only the power light that is about 1 year out of warranty

sohrabr
Initiate

I have a bricked CAX80 with only the power light that is about 1 year out of warranty

I have a bricked CAX80 with only the power light that is about 1 year out of warranty.

So I DM'd the two moderators, a support case was filed by them I presume which got me a call from a Netgear Support Agent.

We spent about 1 hour debugging and uploading photos of the issue with the CAX80, which afterwards he said that engineering is aware of this issue and he will call me back with an RMA number. Today, he called me back with it and I filed the RMA request. It instantly gets rejected due to it being out of warranty. I thought it was a mistake and called Customer Support (different agent) who says that there's nothing he can do since the RMA is rejected by a different team and based on his personal opinion after 7 years in CS he doesn't think there will be an exception.

So I don't understand why are we wasting time debugging, getting an RMA case number, only for it to get rejected? Obviously Netgear messed up big time with something related to firmware and internet outages, and there are cases of other people getting approved RMA's out of warranty:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NETGEAR/comments/vzvwk6/comment/ijg6v9c/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&...

https://www.reddit.com/r/NETGEAR/comments/viniid/comment/ijg5kdr/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&...

Make this right Netgear.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I have a bricked CAX80 with only the power light that is about 1 year out of warranty

Message 2 of 3
sohrabr
Initiate

Re: I have a bricked CAX80 with only the power light that is about 1 year out of warranty

Hi @FURRYe38 ,

That was exactly who I contacted when I said "So I DM'd the two moderators".

I'll try and message them again I suppose with this thread.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7