Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

If you are thinking about buying NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK DONT DO IT!

neil021
Follower

If you are thinking about buying NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK DONT DO IT!

I’ve worked on computers in 1 form or another for over 30 years & never have I ever seen or dealt with crappier equipment than the Netgear Nighthawk series!!Tried the Netgear Nighthawk cm1150 modem which I bought bcuz we have Comcast voip but nope that modem doesn’t work with it at all so don’t be fooled there. I also had high hopes that it would improve the horrible lag on the Xbox One X when playing shooter games on Xbox live but nope it made it worse than a 7+ year old Linksys router!
Tried the RAX200 Router - top of the line & by far most expensive consumer grade router on the market - complete & total JUNK!! Didn’t even work 12 hours b4 losing the internet connection permanently after spending the better part of the day b4 just to set the damn thing up. Normally that should take no more than an hour or 2 tops if ya know what you’re doing like I do.
Also tried the RAX75 - had planned on using it as an access point at the house next door to me - couldn’t even log into the damn thing to set it up no matter what I tried & the username & password on the sticker on that you are instructed to use didn’t even work. There was no way to log into the router directly hardwired even with the correct username & password. & no power cycling & factory reset did absolutely nothing as well.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: If you are thinking about buying NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK DONT DO IT!

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience. 

I've used the CM1000, CM2000 modems without issue. I've also had the RAX200 without a problem. 

Plus many others that I've used/tested. 

Not saying you didn't have issues but it makes me curious whats going on if you're having such problems across multiple devices. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: If you are thinking about buying NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK DONT DO IT!

I've used the CM1100, CM1200 and CM2000. All good stable and rock solid modems. However stability can be effect by ISP signals and cabling up to the modem. Modems have signal specs to be able to work well. Many modem issues come from bad ISP signals, cabling or bad connections or coax line splitters. These would need to be checked first before claiming modem failure or fault. 

How modems and routers are configured and setup are important to ensure having good operation for gaming. Wired connections is always recommended for online gaming. Wireless can work however should be configured well and setup well. 

It's not always a modem or router fault. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7