Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Intermittent internet connection C7800

klint33
Aspirant

Intermittent internet connection C7800

we keep dropping our internet connection. Our ISP (WOW!) is showing the modem as connected - but out internet keeps going in & out. With working remotely and now with school starting and more of us relying on solid internet connection we cannot afford to have the internet go in & out. Is there a way to refresh the NETGEAR seeting to the modem/router?

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: Intermittent internet connection C7800

Do all devices drop, just wired devices, just wireless devices? 

Log into the device and get a screen snip of both the cable connections page and the modem logs. 

This helps check the signal back to the isp. 

Also, if you have any splitters, amplifers, attenuators in the coax line, remove them. Inspect the coax for damage, kinks, cheap connectors, bad connectors, corrosion, water damage, extended runs, etc. preferably move the modem to right where the coax enters the home to prevent the wiring within the home being the issue. 

Message 2 of 9
klint33
Aspirant

Thanks! It’s all devices
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

then the cable connections info and logs are even more important to helping out. 

Message 4 of 9
Tubthumper82
Tutor

I am having the exact same issue. I only have wireless devices. Around 5 times a day I get notified that Netgear is connected but there is no internet. When I unplug and plug it back in it works. I have switched the channels from 1 to 6 to 11 to auto and the issue remains. It just keeps disconnecting. How can I fix the issue? I paid a lot for this product in February and now it is basically worthless. With my kids in school it is making life miserable as they keep getting booted from their classes.
Message 5 of 9
RouterC7000v2
Aspirant

I am having same issues, the internet connection drops for 5-50 seconds every now and then, Xfinity suggested checking wifi channel and reconfiguring the modem. Even though the modern is in warranty Netgear is refusing to help as the support warranty is only for 90 days. The problem was there from day 1, it took time to realize that the problem might be with the brand new router. This is very annoying especially while on a zoom call or webinar. How to resolve the issue?

Message 6 of 9
Tubthumper82
Tutor

I ended up having water damage to my internet lines on the house. The issue has mostly gone away since xfinity came and repaired the line.
Message 7 of 9
RouterC7000v2
Aspirant

So the issue was with Xffinity connection, not the router?

Message 8 of 9
Tubthumper82
Tutor

For me yes. I had xfinity come out and check the lines....I did not have to pay for that appointment because it was their fault....but it could be an issue with the router, in which case you would have to pay for the visit
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7