Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet lights out, no US, slow DS

xcentrik05
Aspirant

Internet lights out, no US, slow DS

I have a CM3700. Everything was working fine for a few months. Yesterday I lost internet access. I checked my router and the internet light is out and the DS light is slow flashing, no US. The ISP insists the problem is with my router. I plugged my Ethernet from my router to my laptop and logged into the router and it says no internet access please check RF connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Internet lights out, no US, slow DS

Have you checked the coax cable, these can be easily damaged?

Message 2 of 8
xcentrik05
Aspirant

The coax cable appears to be fine to me. I traced it from the house to the box and don't see any damage.

Message 3 of 8
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I was thinking more of the connector ends, typically a bent centre pin or the connector itself simply loose, it is also possible for the centre core of the coax to break if the cable is bent too much. This is perhaps less likely if the router suddenly stopped communicating with the ISP without it being moved.

Do you have any friends or good neighbours using a cable ISP where you could connect your router just to see if it detects a signal from the ISP equipment?

Is you router still within the hardware warranty period? Is so you could contact Technical Support who may offer you an RMA if they agree it’s a hardware failure.

Message 4 of 8
xcentrik05
Aspirant

Unfortunately I don't have any friends using cable internet. I just went out and bought another C3700. I plugged it in and got the exact same issue. internet light is black, DS light is slow blinking. My router is still under warranty, only 4months old but I don't have a receipt or anything like that for it. Forgot to register it as well. But it appears the issue isn't with the router.

Message 5 of 8
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well I would suggest that if it was working for months, suddenly stopped working, and a brand new replacement is also not working in the same way, then the problem is most likely on the ISP side. If the ISP still insists the problem is with the router then maybe you could convince them to send a technician round to check the connection with their own approved router?

Message 6 of 8
xcentrik05
Aspirant

So the ISP sent over a technician and he reset a "trap". Which worked. Now I have a new problem. When trying to access genie through my smartphone my phone won't connect "avoided poor connection." When I try to access routerlogin it says iceweasal cannot find the server.
Message 7 of 8
xcentrik05
Aspirant

Also, I pinged 192.168.0.1 and packets were sent and received, but says destination host unreachable. I am able to connect to the router wirelessly on my laptop, but that's it. Smartphone won't work. Ps4 won't work. Laptop Ethernet won't work
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7