Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Just bought a CM700 High speed cable modem. I use Xfinity comcast for cable, internet and phone

BT40
Follower

Just bought a CM700 High speed cable modem. I use Xfinity comcast for cable, internet and phone

Just bought a CM700 High speed cable modem. I use Xfinity comcast for cable, internet and phone (landline). I just noticed--before I opened the box--it says This product is not compatible with Cable bundled voice services. I'm going to dump Comcast cable TV, but wanted to keep internet and phone. Did I get the wrong equipment?

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 3
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Just bought a CM700 High speed cable modem. I use Xfinity comcast for cable, internet and phone

yes, CM700 will NOT work for voice and you will need to drop the voice service if you want to use CM700.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Just bought a CM700 High speed cable modem. I use Xfinity comcast for cable, internet and phone

You have to ge a CM model with V for voice, i.e. CM1150v.

@BT40 wrote:

Just bought a CM700 High speed cable modem. I use Xfinity comcast for cable, internet and phone (landline). I just noticed--before I opened the box--it says This product is not compatible with Cable bundled voice services. I'm going to dump Comcast cable TV, but wanted to keep internet and phone. Did I get the wrong equipment?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7