Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Looking for a compatible personal firewall for my C7800

MPDano1
Aspirant

Looking for a compatible personal firewall for my C7800

Hello all!

Does anyone have any working suggestions on which personal firewalls are compatible with my C7800 Modem Router?

Thanks,

Leo

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Looking for a compatible personal firewall for my C7800

Are you looking for a external FW device to run in place of whats running in the C7800? 

I presume most any would work however you may want to configure the C7800 as a modem only with one of these devices running behind it then connect up your network and wifi devices to the firewall. Wifi on the C7800 would be disabled in modem mode only and you would need to install a separate wifi source such as a AP. 

You could run the C7800 in router mode and use the DMZ on the modem for the firewall device. Wifi devices would not run thru the firewall if. 

Message 2 of 4
MPDano1
Aspirant

Yikes, thanks for the reply.  I saw a thread that stated not possible.  I hate that I bought this model with a built in modem.  I normally do separate devices.  Your network looks a bit complicated for a home set up.  I just need to block certain connected devices from port 80 and adult stuff from my kid.  I tried keywords in my 7800 but that didn't solve anything.  Plus would love to block the edge browser from the damn xbox, lol.  Kids growing up with computers are such hackers and find tools to get around.  I may have to do what you stated and run the 7800 as a modem only and connect my old wifi router to a small firewall box.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Would probably be best if your looking to use a external firewall. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7