Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lost WIFI signal, credentials missing

sstoots
Aspirant

Lost WIFI signal, credentials missing

I have the Nighthawk CAX80 with the latest firmware and it been working flawlessly since I installed it six months ago.

One two occasions this week,  we have lost WIFI.  Both times Comcast reports nothing wrong.       Drilling in administratively , I see the  two SSIDs I renamed are gone.    Once I renamed them assigning what had been the previous no password, everything works again and all devices can now connect as before.

The question is why?   It’s almost as if the router is infected with malware.

Is the latest firmware problematic?   I did update the firmware a few weeks before.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Next time (if there is one) that is happens, get a screen snip of the event logs and post them back here. They can show a remote trigger back to factory defaults. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What specific FW version did you update too? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

@sstoots wrote:

I have the Nighthawk CAX80 with the latest firmware and it been working flawlessly since I installed it six months ago.

One two occasions this week,  we have lost WIFI.  Both times Comcast reports nothing wrong.       Drilling in administratively , I see the  two SSIDs I renamed are gone.    Once I renamed them assigning what had been the previous no password, everything works again and all devices can now connect as before.

The question is why?   It’s almost as if the router is infected with malware.

Is the latest firmware problematic?   I did update the firmware a few weeks before.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7