Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mostly my stupidity, looking if there is a way to enable home phone services on this CA x30 model

zooxmusic
Tutor

Mostly my stupidity, looking if there is a way to enable home phone services on this CA x30 model

I just bought the AX 2700 my phone cable modem and realize there's no phone support. Is there a way to add it after the fact or is that just pointless and I need to return this one and maybe somebody can suggest the correct one
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Mostly my stupidity, looking if there is a way to enable home phone services on this CA x30 mode

If you want it included with xfinity, then you'd need to return it. 

But you could always switch to a voip solution. Probably cheaper than xfinity's service anyway. 

Examples: vonage, magicjack, Nextiva, Ooma

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Mostly my stupidity, looking if there is a way to enable home phone services on this CA x30 mode

If you want it included with xfinity, then you'd need to return it. 

But you could always switch to a voip solution. Probably cheaper than xfinity's service anyway. 

Examples: vonage, magicjack, Nextiva, Ooma

Message 2 of 5
zooxmusic
Tutor

I realized that right as I googled VOIP's. I remember I had vonage which worked great, but now it seems the Ooma may have the best path forward for my the correct phone for my elderly mother AND to keep the phone number she has had for easily 70 years. THANKS

Message 3 of 5
zooxmusic
Tutor

DUDE, xfiniity was charging her $44.99 BEFORE all the 911 fee's etc, NUTS. I could have monkeyed together something with google voice but Oooma looks good, thank you

I do feel that I have to say Xfininity/Comcast are and have been THE WORST company I have ever had to deal with. I am not being dramatic when I say EVERY single time I need to interact I end up wasting a min of 3 hours that I have to create comical data from

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Xfinity is a pain to deal with. Anytime I have to deal with them, I try their online chat option first. Tends to be faster and less painful. Because calling in sucks for the reason you gave. 

Glad you cut her bill down quite a bit!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7