Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My IP is Banned from accessing ONE website - the one I need

RC2016
Follower

My IP is Banned from accessing ONE website - the one I need

The one website I need to access from work says "banned" and shows my IP address that I can see in my Netgear page.  I get the same white banned page whether I use my laptop, desktop, or iphone.  With my work IT person, I've connected by ISP and they say they don't block or ban anything.  I've contacted the web developer for that site and my ISP is not being blocked.  I've tried multiple browsers.  And, I've unplugged everything - including the Router, and restarted in hopes that the IP address would be reassigned.  Nothing.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: My IP is Banned from accessing ONE website - the one I need

If your ISP is a DSL service then you could wait until your Public IP changes, this might occur sooner if you power down the modem for some time.

If your ISP is a cable service, then log into the router and change the MAC address that the router reports on its WAN (Internet) interface, switch between ‘Default’ and ‘Use Computer MAC Address’, after applying the change you will need to power cycle the modem so that it picks up the new MAC Address of the router.

Go to an online service like ‘whatismyip’ before and after making that change to make sure it has dine the trick.

But surely if the site is blocking you then your IP should be in a block list?

Maybe try a tracert to see if data is being dropped as some hop before it gets to the site you are trying to access, e.g. tracert www.microsoft.com from a Command Prompt.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7