Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My N300 C3000 does not recognize my Seagate® Expansion™ 5TB HDD STBV5000100

suchemalinche
Aspirant

My N300 C3000 does not recognize my Seagate® Expansion™ 5TB HDD STBV5000100

I checked the HDD and is MBR. The disk is clean. I connected it and the USB light does not turn on. I logged in to the router and when I click in readyshare it says there is no disk. I go to my computer and It doesn't show readyshare on the network. Are they not compatible or something like that? Had anyone anything like this before? Any help will be greatly apprciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: My N300 C3000 does not recognize my Seagate® Expansion™ 5TB HDD STBV5000100

Hello Suchemalinche

Have you tried any other drive to see if it may be a issue with the usb port on the modem itself? also make sure that you are using NTFS or Fat32 format on the Harddrive Seagate is know to use GPT which isnt compatible with readyshare. The last thing is we have only tested up to 4tb drives which are known to work so it may just be a compatibility issue with it being a larger drive. hope to hear your feedback

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
suchemalinche
Aspirant

Re: My N300 C3000 does not recognize my Seagate® Expansion™ 5TB HDD STBV5000100

Thank you Darren for your advice. I had it connected before to my WNR3500lv2 and it worked perfectly, even though it is a 5TB HDD. The C3000 does not recognize it and I don't know why. I tested the cable, the ports and they all work fine. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series