Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: N300 drops wifi connection every few days, wired ports unaffected.

estiegel
Tutor

N300 drops wifi connection every few days, wired ports unaffected.

Brand new a month ago Netgear N300

Comcast is IP

The wifi signal works great for a few days then drops.  The SID is still being broadcast, but devices are not allowed to join (while in this state, it prompts for passord, but never lets you connnect)

The wired connections have always been connected and stay connected when this occurs.  

The only solution that I have been able to come up with is to power cycle the unit. After that, Wifi is up and running again and passwords are not needed since it is a known network.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Message 1 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What is the actual model number of your router please? Is there anything in the router log that is time related to when devices fail to connect? Instead of power cycling the router try using the ‘Apply’ button on one of the router’s wireless configuration pages to see if that kicks things back into action.

Message 2 of 4
estiegel
Tutor

The model is C3000.  Not sure how to access the logs, but it has dropped as soon as 1 day and as long as 3 days sinces last power cycle.

I have gone into setup and used teh apply button several times,to no avail.

Message 3 of 4
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I’m not too familiar with the C3000 since it’s an ISP related cable modem/router. I am assuming it has a log somewhere as most Netgear routers do. When you have the wireless issue next time rather than just apply existing settings as I suggested above, try changing the 2.4GHz wireless channel, try using channels 1, 6, or 11.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7