Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear C3700 n600 connection to smart tv issue

Poetheraven1
Aspirant

Netgear C3700 n600 connection to smart tv issue

I have a Netgear Cable Modem Router that I bought in 2013 or 2014. It really hasn't served me well. I bought it to replace the cable company's inorder to save the monthly cost of theirs. I have tried to connect my Samsung Smart TV to the device over WiFi, but I have at least 3 walls to go through and my TV can't connect over the WiFi network to my source, a computer. I have 2050 Square feet, but I have the modem/router at the furthest point on one side of the house, and connect to the TV at the furthest (diagonally) place on the other side. I have a second router that I tried to wpa pair to the the main router, and it does allow the TV to connect, but in viewing a movie over the network, it keeps stopping (a rotating circle indicating its downloading). After a few seconds, the program will start again, but this happens quite often. I am wondering if there are newer router/modems on the market that provide a stronger WiFi signal, as this is what I'm guessing is the problem. Does anyone have a suggestion or idea how I can wirelessly connect my Smart TV to my computer without the constant interruptions? I am not that technically inclined, and it took me a couple of months to even get the things working at all. I need the device at my computer to connect the cable to my computer for internet service. I actually have several smart TVs, but I can only get one to even connect at all. So I don't know how to program the router to accept the others. Connecting the router/modem to the TV using a wire is out of the question. The computer and modem/router are in one room and the TVs are all in different rooms throughout the house. I also have another problem with the router in that when I was trying to set it up, I accidentally created 2 or 3 different networks and now can't get rid of them. I guess part of my problem is getting the router to allow the TVs to get through to the computer, and the other one is the additional networks I cant use that fill up the channels. I know this is a lot, but I'm an old fart and technology has long passed me by.
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7