Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Nighthawk C7800 loosing internet connection periodically - channel lock

hunee1221
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk C7800 loosing internet connection periodically - channel lock

I've purchased brand new Netgear Nighthawk C7800 and noticed internet offline after about 6 hours.

Called Spectrum and verified everything on their side was correct.   They even sent out a technician out to check the signal and all the equipment.   They verified that I was getting strong signal and all of other devices (phone modem and cable boxes are online).

They said the issue was on my modem.  I've called Netgear and got another new modem replaced.  

I had to reconnect my old modem (Netgear Nighthawk C7000) for 3 days until I get the replacement.

I did not have any internet outage while using C7000.

When I received another C7800 from Netgear and reconnected (called Spectrum to update new MAC ID), it went offline after about 4 hours.   I've called Spectrum again and they verified that there is nothing they can do on their end (after 2 technicians can not be able to fix the issue).   I've called Netgear and the tech went through the trouble shooting and told me that all of my Downstream Channels are supposed to be locked, but mine wasn't (1~31 channels were locked but 32 wasn't).

Netgear tech told me to call Spectrum again to tell them to lock all my channels.

But when I call Spectrum, they did know how to do that.

Tomorrow will be my 2nd week since this issue and Spectrum & Netgear are just passing the buck.

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk C7800 loosing internet connection periodically - channel lock

Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7