Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear WiFi Cable Modem Router Model C3700 cannot connect to 2nd Generation Apple TV - Cox cable

oldcroat
Aspirant

Netgear WiFi Cable Modem Router Model C3700 cannot connect to 2nd Generation Apple TV - Cox cable

I have a Model C3700 which will not connect to Apple TV.  Using the Netgear firmware, and click on the Wireless tab.  I can see all iphones and ipads connected.  I do not see the Apple TV.  In addition, the Remote application on the iPad does not show Apple TV.  In iTunes, I have verified Homesharing is on.   When I use the Ethernet cord from C3700 to the Apple TV and look at the Wired tab, I can see the Apple TV.  Using my TV and Apple TV Settings, I go to General-Network and connect to the NetGear C3700 WiFi.  But when I return to the Menu, I do not see any Apple TV applications, but only my Home Shared computer.

So two things,  can I connect C3700 wirelessly to Apple TV?  If not, how can I see the Apple TV application when I am wired via Ethernet.

Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Netgear WiFi Cable Modem Router Model C3700 cannot connect to 2nd Generation Apple TV - Cox cabl

does apple TV list the c3700 as a saved connection? If yes delete it and re-enter password for WIFI

use wired connection and update Apple TV firmware.

Message 2 of 4
oldcroat
Aspirant

Re: Netgear WiFi Cable Modem Router Model C3700 cannot connect to 2nd Generation Apple TV - Cox cabl

Thank you for responding.  I will use the Ethernet cable to attach the C3700 to the Apple TV, look in Network? (Not sure in there is  section for Saved Connection) and remove the Netgear Wifi.  Is that correct?

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes,

Look for a Firmware Update too.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7