Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear c6300 not seeing Magic Jack

KelleyB
Follower

Netgear c6300 not seeing Magic Jack

F/W:  v2.01.26

I have used Magic Jack for a few years now with no problems, but it suddenly stopped working yesterday.  When I pick up the phone, I get an error code 4998.  I contacted MJ's technical support and they told me that my ISP needed to release ports 5060-5070.  They also told me "please contact your Internet Service Provider and let them know that you need a refresh signal on your service due to you are getting too much latency and maybe it help to resolve your issue"  The latency is 53. 

I have read online that Comcast doesn't send refresh signals to routers - only cable boxes and that i should just unplug the unit and re-plug it back in.  And besides, I would rather have an enema than contact Comcast, so I am trying to figure this out.  Here's what I've done so far:

1.  I've plugged my MJ 2014 Pro unit directly into my laptop - it WORKS.

2.  I've plugged my MJ into the back of the router - it DOESN'T.  I have changed the ethernet cables, I have also switched ports on the back of my modem, I have replaced the AC adapter.  Nothing changes.  Solid blue light, blinking amber.

3.  I have assigned a static IP, then set up port forwarding to 5060-5070, and re-booted.  Nothing changes.

4.  I am in router mode

5.  I have disabled SIP ALG - nothing changes.

6.  I have checked "default DMZ Server" and entered the static address - nothing changes.

As a side note, I've noticed that MJ does not appear in my connected devices - ever.  Not sure if that's important or not.

I am a novice, but despite taking a lot of steps, I cannot seem to solve this problem.  Any suggestions? 

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
punash007
Aspirant

Re: Netgear c6300 not seeing Magic Jack

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7