Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 C7000 - 2 SSID are enabled but only one is discovered by the wireless printer

therealsimpsons
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 C7000 - 2 SSID are enabled but only one is discovered by the wireless printer

Demographics:

Router is hardwired to PC

When I open the router and click on "Wireless", it shows TWO SSID, one labeled 2.4GHz b/g/n, "enabled" is checked. The other labeled 5GHz a/n/ac, "enabled" is checked.

I don't want to use the 2.4 one, yet when I try to connect to my wireless printer, that is the only SSID that is discovered by the printer. I tried to remove it, and the to disable it, but I get an error that it has to be enabled.

Eventually, I put in the password for the 2.4, and it still will not connect, while the 5 is not even discovered.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 C7000 - 2 SSID are enabled but only one is discovered by the wireless printer

Like @microchip8 says, most printers aren't dual band so are only going to see the 2.4ghz band. Thats fine and normal. 

did you check with the printer manufacturer? 

You might also make sure the ssid/password doesn't have any special characters/spaces in it. I've seen some of the dumber smart devices have issues with special characters/spaces. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 C7000 - 2 SSID are enabled but only one is discovered by the wireless printer

Does your printer even support the 5 GHz band? Many don't.

Which router model do you have and which firmware version?
Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Like @microchip8 says, most printers aren't dual band so are only going to see the 2.4ghz band. Thats fine and normal. 

did you check with the printer manufacturer? 

You might also make sure the ssid/password doesn't have any special characters/spaces in it. I've seen some of the dumber smart devices have issues with special characters/spaces. 

Message 3 of 5
therealsimpsons
Aspirant

Thanks all who responded. Solved. Appreciated.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please give details on how it was solved so others will know. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7